We’re Hiring! Recycling Jobs & Careers
Come Join The Millcreek Family
Recycling jobs and careers. Are you looking for a career in the metal recycling industry? Are you looking for an opportunity to grow with a company that values you as an employee? Recycling is a Billion dollar industry and jobs are on the rise. As the cost for virgin metal goes up, the need for recycled scrap increases.
Most positions offer competitive pay, PTO and benefits packages. A career with Wasatch Metal will give you the opportunity to expand your existing skills while growing within our family. Apply today and join the Millcreek team.
- Applicant must demonstrate ability to effectively lead employees
- Able to have creativity in motivating employees and Effective Problem solving skills
- Responsible for a 5-8 member team
- Ensure material is processed effectively and meeting quality assurance standards
- Has strong understanding of material separation and metal identification
- Ability to display strong verbal communication skills with team members, customers and district manager
- Facilitate an organized and clean yard at all times
- Manage inventory, including transfer and onsite inventory
- Will lead and support a safety cultured atmosphere
- Maintain optimal level of customer service and assist to resolve all customer issues
- Responsible for managing employee breaks, evaluations, employee conduct, including discipline.
- Responsible for performance productivity and work ethic of the yard
- Able to have customer service as a constant priority
- Able to mentor and encourage employee development
- Tracking product in and out of the yard using internal tracking system
- Open/close cash handling and daily finance report
- Handles customer relation issues (i.e., ticket discrepancies, pricing issues)
- Oversees Yard, warehouse, equipment inspections, and conducts weekly safety meeting
- Able to discipline, investigate employee relation issues and coordinate with Central HR
- Lead the designated yards daily business activity regarding scrap collection, processing, & shipping
- Enforces company policies and procedures including safety rules.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
*JOB REQUIREMENTS Minimum Qualifications:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Efficiently with Microsoft Office and capable to learn internal software
- Ensures material purchased/processed/shipped meets standards re: grading & pricing.
- Assures proper housekeeping procedures by all personnel.
- Responsible for reporting equipment repair and maintenance
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to train and motivate others
- Maintains budget/cost performance within annual plan.
- Facilitating paperwork to appropriate personnel.
- Ferrous and Nonferrous Production schedule
- Inventory Management including Production transfers
- Ability to sit, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach and work on your feet for extended periods of time
- The employee occasionally is required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to use hands, fingers; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- PTO Accrual starting from day one, Medical & Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, Voluntary Life, Flex Savings Account, 401K after one year of service, optional bonus
Millcreek Metals is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any associate or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex including pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, genetic information or other basis protected by law.
We Value Diveristy
At Millcreek Metals, we strive to do the right thing for our customers, our employees and our business. Our guiding principles include demonstrating respect for and understanding of each other's differences, beliefs, views and ideas. Diversity creates a healthy climate in which people value diverse ideas, perspectives and backgrounds.